Structured Settlements – The Safest Way to Secure Your Financial Future
Structured settlement are highly secure financial tools created by Congress to help ill and injured people secure their financial futures.
Structured settlements are customizable, tax exempt, and virtually risk free. With a structured settlement, a person receives guaranteed payments over time, as opposed to receiving a single lump-sum payout.
Structured Settlements: Significant Financial Advantages
- Protection from Poor Financial Decision Making: Industry estimates suggest more than 80% of people who receive lump-sum settlements spend or lose all their money within 5 yeas of receiving it. When a person receives money to pay for future medical care, or to replace lost earnings or income, capital preservation should be their first priority. Unlike one-time payouts, structured settlements eliminate the risk of a person spending or losing their money before they need it. With a structured settlement, money can be guaranteed available throughout a person’s lifetime.
- Low Risk: A structured settlements is a high grade insurance policy. It is important to note: a structured settlement is not an “investment”, which means it is not exposed to the volatile ups and downs of the stock market, nor is it dependent upon the successful outcome of any venture. To the contrary, structured settlements are the absolute safest way for an ill/injured person to secure their financial future. All Optimus structured settlements are designed using only A++, A+ and A Rated Insurers.
- Peace of Mind Knowing Your Financial Future is Guaranteed: Once your structured settlement is in place, the future payments you’ve decided on will be there, rain or shine, guaranteed. There is no worrying about your investment portfolio or the volatility of the stock markets. Your money is safe, secure and is guaranteed to be there when you need it.
- Completely Customizable: Structured settlements are completely customizable to a specific individual’s unique financial objectives. Unlike other financial alternatives, structured settlements can be designed to guarantee anticipated expenditures specified in Life Care Plans, Medicare-Set-aside Allocations, or Loss of Earnings Capacity Evaluations. They can also be used to guarantee money for attorney fees, tuition, mortgage payments, retirement income, vacation planning, tax planning, projects such as remodeling, or major purchases such as homes, vehicles, etc. Structured settlements can be designed to pay money over a specific period of time, or over a lifetime, and they can distribute money annually, semi-annually, quarterly, monthly, or at any other any other desired interval.
- Tax Exempt & High Risk-Adjusted Rates of Return: Structured settlements are completely tax-exempt, which means with a structured settlement, your settlement money earns interest, tax free. The tax-exempt nature of structured settlement makes their returns comparable to, and in some cases higher than, non tax exempt investments characterized by much higher degrees of risk.
- No Ongoing Management Fees or Commissions: Unlike when you give your money to an investment manger, people who structure their settlements pay no management fees or commissions.
- Predicable & Dependable: With a structured settlement, the amount of money you will receive and when you’ll receive it is completely predictable and guaranteed dependable. No other financial alternative can make that claim.
Structured Settlements: Broad Applicability
Structured settlements are appropriate for a wide range of cases, including: personal injury, medical malpractice, workers’ compensation, divorce, wrongful termination, cases which involve loss of earnings or income, and other cases in which specific financial requirements are identified. Structured settlements can be used to:
- Ensure an injured person has money available to provide for their future medical care.
- Replace an injured person’s lost earnings or loss of future income.
- Ensure the financial security of minors and the mentally incompetent.
- Care for surviving family members and dependents in death cases.
- Compensate for the loss of a household’s breadwinner, such as in the case of a divorce.
Structured Settlements Can Be Used to Protect a Wide Range of Awards
Whether your award and future needs involve tens of thousand, or tens of millions , no other financial tool is as customizable, safe, and secure a structured settlement.